Summer Homeowner Tips
Its a great time to devote a little attention to the garden. Here are a few tips to save you money or add to your enjoyment of your outdoor space.
- Check out your local garden center for great sales on perennials. You can save money buying them now when they’re past peak and be rewarded with new bursts of colour next spring.
- Repair or replace leaky garden hoses that could be wasting water and remember to turn the hose off at the tap, not just at the nozzle.
- Get the kids involved in outdoor chores, from repainting the mailbox to weeding a flower bed. They’ll have fun as they gain an appreciation of nature and its never too early to instill a sense of pride in their home.
Record Canadian home sales to ease in 2022
The latest MLS® forecasts from the Canadian Real Estate Association (CREA) indicate housing sales will reach a record this year but will ease over the second half of 2021 and into 2022. The national average home price is forecast to rise by 19.3% on an annual basis to just over $677,775 in 2021. Sales are forecast to continue trending back towards more typical levels through the latter half of the year and into 2022, due to limited supply and higher prices.
According to CREA, over the past several years, record levels of international immigration prior to 2020 pandemic restrictions, low interest rates, and an increasingly middle-aged Millennial cohort have combined to fuel very strong household formation and housing demand in Canada. Prior to COVID-19, the number of available listings nationally was already at a 14-year low.
If you’d like more detailed information about your local market, contact your Coldwell Banker real estate professional. We’re here to help.
Back to School Safety
In September, many Canadians are preparing for a return to in-class learning.
The streets will soon be much busier with both pedestrians and road traffic, so be alert and remember these tips to keep our kids safe:
- Remind them to stop and look both ways before crossing the streets
- Cross streets at lighted intersections or marked crosswalks
- Put reflective strips on backpacks and jackets
- Don’t be distracted by phones and personal devices while walking
|©️2021 Coldwell Banker Real Estate LLC. All Rights Reserved. Each Office Is Independently Owned And Operated. Coldwell Banker and the Coldwell Banker Logo are registered service marks owned by Coldwell Banker LLC.|